Breakfast goals of your dreams!
These smoothie bowls are honestly such a treat, plus so so healthy too! Packed with fruit which means so many vitamins to start your day off just right. The key to making a wonderfully thick and creamy smoothie bowl is to make sure your fruit is frozen. I bought some fresh seasonal British berries which were strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and blackcurrants. I then froze them in freezable bags. Such a good way to store fresh fruit for a quick and easy breakfast that looks so much more fancy that what it is!
What’s great about these breakfast bowls is that you can be so creative with what you can put on it! Plus if you use different fruit in the smoothie base you can really change it up! My only tip is to make sure the fruit is really frozen so that the smoothie doesn’t become too runny.
Here are some ideas for smoothie bowl flavours and toppings:
- Berry smoothie bowl with Fresh Berries, Granola and Honey
- Mango and Coconut smoothie bowl with Mango, Kiwi, Coconut Flakes.
- Strawberry and Banana smoothie bowl with Fresh Strawberries, Granola and Nutella
- Avocado and Kale smoothie bowl with Kiwi, Blueberries and Bananas
- Raspberry and chia seed smoothie bowl with granola and Almond Butter
- Peach, Orange and Banana Smoothie Bowl with Fresh Peaches and Honey
- Banana, Spinach and Blueberry Smoothie Bowl with Peanut Butter and Granola
Place all of the frozen fruit, banana, water and yoghurt into your food processor or blender and mix on a high speed until completely smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times as can get stuck!
The Mixture should look like a very thick smoothie. Divide the smoothie into two bowls.
Decorate with your desired toppings. I’ve suggested some slices banana, fresh blueberries and my famous granola! Drizzle with a bit of honey and enjoy your super delish brekkie!