Summer is slowly coming! It feels like ages since we’ve had a wonderfully summery day. This Ice Cream is a good reminder of sunnier days plus it is a no churn ice cream so no ice cream maker it needed! How great is that?!
ALL YOU NEED IS 2 INGREDIENTS:
- Double Cream
- Condensed Milk
Then the rest is to add the flavour! I’ve added Cream Cheese, Roasted Strawberries and Digestive Biscuits to get that strawberry cheesecake taste which is just so good!
THESE INGREDIENTS ARE:
- Roasted Strawberries (I cooked the strawberries slowly in the oven to intensify the flavour!)
- Digestive Biscuits (I’ve lightly broken them up into small pieces so you still get the chunks of biscuits)
- Cream Cheese (This is swirled into the ice cream to get little mouthfuls of tangy cream cheese with the sweet strawberries… so so delicious!)
Makes one large tray
400g Condensed Milk
400g Double Cream
400g Roasted Strawberries
150g Cream Cheese
150g Digestive Biscuits
2 tbsp. Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan oven). Chop the strawberries into small pieces and place onto a baking tray lined with paper. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp Caster Sugar. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the juices start to run out of the strawberries. Leave to cool completely.
- Using an electric whisk, whip the double cream until stiff peaks formed. Fold in the condensed milk and 3/4 of the roasted strawberries and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a freeze-able container lined with baking paper (so that it is easy to remove) . Add the cream cheese, biscuits and remaining strawberries and use a knife to swirl in the ingredients so you get a marbled effect.
- Place in the freezer until fully set. It may take over night. When ready to eat, leave to warm up slightly at room temperature for 20 minutes or so.