Cookies are great at any point of the day and anywhere you are, in my opinion. There are so many variations between cookies, whether it’s different flavour, different texture, whether it is soft and chewy or a little bit more crisp. Everyone has a preference. However, I LOVE a perfectly chewy and soft cookie. For me, this is what I’m looking for, I’ve worked hard at perfecting my base cookie recipe so that all of you can enjoy perfectly chewy cookies all the time. How great is that?!
Now these cookies are even more delicious than usual as they have fresh raspberries and lemon zest in the dough. A very summery biscuit treat! It is now the season in England for Raspberries. This means they are beautifully sweet and local to us! Make sure to find them in the supermarket, you can check if they are British by looking at the origin on the container! This will make sure your berries are local to you.
WHAT IS MY SHOPPING LIST?
- Unsalted Butter
- Caster Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Self-Raising Flour
Cookie dough freezes so well, this means you can fresh cookies whenever you fancy! You just need to bake them straight from the freezer. All you need to do is freeze the rolled cookie dough balls and place into a freezer bag. Then all you need to do is remove them from the freezer, place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for a bit longer than you would if they were fresh. I recommend 10-12 minutes. How great is that?!
Makes 10-12 Cookies
125g Unsalted Butter, softened
2 Lemons, zested
225g Caster Sugar
1 Medium Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
60g Frozen or Fresh Raspberries
225g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
- In a free standing mixture with the paddle attachment or using an electric whisk, cream the butter, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and salt together until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg to the mixture and continue to mix.
- Add the flour and raspberries to the mixture. Mix until just incorporated and a dough is formed.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius. Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, roll balls of the dough and place onto a tray lined with baking paper. Make sure to space them well apart as they do spread a lot!
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden around the edges.
- Leave to cool on a baking rack and eat them as soon as you can!!