In my opinion… it’s always ice cream season!
And while I love going out to search for the best ice cream establishment I can find in London for a scoop of the best ice cream I can find, making ice cream at home is so fun and it’s so cheap to make! Plus there is no need to splurge on an overpriced ice cream, when you can make creamy, dreamy no churn ice cream that tastes just as gourmet, right at home–no ice cream machine required! It’s unbelievably easy. I’m talking 10 minutes prep time. Pop it in the freezer overnight–no churning necessary! How great is that?!
So what is no churn ice cream?
No churn ice cream doesn’t even taste any different to regular ice cream. It’s just as creamy, luscious and rich as traditional ice cream, it’s just made without a machine! Because it’s not cooled as it’s churned, you’ll need to set it overnight to freeze, but other than waiting 12 hours, this this ice cream is about as easy it gets.
How to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream machine?
This recipe uses heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. No-churn ice cream is super easy to make, but it’s best if you have an electric or stand mixer on hand to make this process quicker!
- Beat the heavy cream until i’s light and fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold in the sweetened condensed milk and flavorings.
- Fold in any topping.
- Freeze overnight!
And this is it!! As promised, so so easy to make!
Biscoff and Blueberry No Churn Ice Cream
- 400 g Condensed Milk
- 400 g Double Cream
- 100 g Biscoff Spread
- 100 g Blueberries
- 20 g Sugar
- 30 g Biscoff Spread extra for marbling
- Firstly, let's make the coulis. Place the blueberries and sugar into a small pan and bring to the boil. Reduce slightly until a thick sauce is formed. Leave to cool completely
- Whisk the double cream and 100g Biscoff spread until soft peaks form
- Fold in the condensed milk, and mix until well combined
- Pour into a container lined with baking paper (so that you can release it easily)
- Swirl in the cooled blueberry coulis and the 30g biscoff spread. Use a knife or spoon to marble this in to the icecream.
- Cover with clingfilm or foil. Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight until completely frozen.
- Take out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!