During the multiple lockdowns Banana bread has been one of the most popular bakes to make! So I thought I’d join on the bandwagon and give you my simple fool-proof banana bread recipe which is just packed with flavour.
This is another of my super easy store cupboard recipes. Using up over ripe bananas will make sure the flavour of this cake shine. This cake seems to last forever and gets better day by day, if it lasts that long! I’ve glazed it with honey to give a lovely sticky and sweet crust. I’ve added muscovado sugar to this cake to give it a lovely deep caramel flavour and colour, which I feel really adds to this cake! This recipe is a great afternoon snack or even a breakfast treat! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. What is even better is that this cake is Vegan! If you omit the honey glaze it will still be just as delicious! I seriously recommend gibing this a go! It’s so simple, all you need is a bowl and a whisk. What could be easier than that?!
You will need a large loaf tin
120g Coconut Oil, melted
225g Plain Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 1/4tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
150g Light Brown Sugar
105g Light Muscovado Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and mash together with a fork or potato masher. Mix together with the melted coconut oil.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the honey, to the banana and mix until combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 60 mins. It should be golden brown and a knife should come out clean.
- Once out of the oven, immediately brush over the honey. Then when the cake is cool, brush over again honey to achieve the shiny and sticky finish.