Bisucits are one of those things whcih are hard not to love. Whether it’s an on-the-go snack, something to nibble when you are bored or something to dunk in your tea! Everyone has their favourite way to eat a biscuit.
Now. When it comes to everyone’s favourite biscuit, the opinion is always different… whether you are a fan of a chocolate biscuit, classic shortbread or something jammy… they are all great to me! These Strawberry Honey Jam biscuits have major jammy dodger vibes, and in my opinion, even better! Made using a honey biscuit dough, rolled thinly and baked filled with some homemade strawberry jam. So so delicious! You can find the recipe for my strawberry jam here
SO WHAT DO I NEED?
- Unsalted Butter
- Light Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Plain Flour
- Caster Sugar
- Icing Sugar
- Lemon Juice
Strawberry Honey Jam Biscuits
Delicate Honey Shortbread filled with a homemade Strawberry Jam
Servings 12 biscuits
- 7cm Fluted Round Cutter
- Mini Heart Cutter
- 170 g Unsalted Butter softened
- 75 g Light Brown Sugar
- 45 g Honey
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Baking Powder
- 220 g Plain Flour
- 70 g Strawberry Jam
- In a bowl, weigh all the ingredients together. Using your fingers, rub together the ingredients until it starts to come together to form a dough.
- Flatten slightly and place in the fridge to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius (Fan). Once chilled, on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 2mm thick. It needs to be thin as you are sandwiching two together.
- Using the fluted cutter, cut 24 biscuits and place on a couple baking trays lined with baking paper. For 12 cookies, cut the centre out of the biscuit with the heart cutter. These will be the top biscuits.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Make the jam as said on the recipe.
- Now for the assembly, dust the top biscuits with icing sugar. Flip the bottom biscuits over so that the base is now the top, take a spoonful of jam and place in the centre. Top the jam with the dusted top biscuits.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container and they will keep for 2-3 days!